Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Shake Recipes

Today, I tried two new shake recipes.  The first one was something my mom came up with.  We'll call it Irish Cream Latte.  She used regular coffee, but I used decaf and it was very yummy.  This recipe is a definite keeper and I'm already looking forward to one.  She found the Sugar Free Irish Creme Syrup at Gloria Jean's in the mall.  I didn't adjust the temperature or add ice, I just drank it slightly warm.  It was thick, too, which was a great added bonus, I prefer the shakes to be thicker.

Irish Cream Latte
4oz. Decaf Coffee
4oz. Skim Milk
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
Dash of Sugar Free Irish Creme Syrup


I also tried Pumpkin Pie in the Sky.  It's a recipe that I got from the weight loss surgery support group.  It was good, too, though not as good as the Irish Cream.  I may try it with milk instead of water next time to give it a little more body.  It had an excellent flavor, though.



Pumpkin Pie in the Sky
1 cup water
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice

I will be posting recipes that I try under the new tab on top that says Shake Recipes.  I'll also rate them on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being awful and 5 being fabulous.  Each star represents each point.  I'm really regretting selling my Magic Bullet at a yard sale this summer.  It would have been perfect for making these single serving shakes, not to mention purees after surgery.  I may have to look into getting another one.

In other news, I took my twins to turn in their Book-it coupons at Pizza Hut yesterday.  I was a little bad in that I ordered a personal pan pepperoni pizza for myself.  I ate a salad first, though, and shared my personal pizza with my husband and still came in under 1000 calories for the day.

I go back this Friday night for my second sleep study.  They'll try the CPAP.  I'm getting very apprehensive about this.  I don't know why it freaks me out so much more than surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment