Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ode to My Jeans

I currently have just 1 pair of jeans that fit me well.  I bought them at Wal-Mart probably at least 4 years ago.  They are Faded Glory Stretch size 26.  They have a slight flare on them and are so comfortable.  The problem is that I've worn them for so long that they have a small hole developing where my upper, inner thighs rub together.  I need a new pair.

I also have a pair that I got from Lane Bryant.  They are Venezia size 28.  They fit perfect when I first got them but now they are baggy and I constantly have to pull them up.  I want the exact same pair in a 26, or even a 24.  I also have a pair of Jeggings that I got from Cato, size 26, which are super comfortable.  They are a great fit around the waist, but they are too long so they bunch up.  I am a short 5 foot 2 1/2 inches.

I'm refusing to buy any new jeans until I absolutely have to.  I have a few pair of size 24 and 26 jeans in my dresser that are just a tad tight, and I'm hoping I'll be able to fit into them soon.  But, I'm going to miss those trusty old Walmart jeans.  Funny how I like their fit (and look) better than the more expensive ones from Lane Bryant.

I was talking to my dad the other day and he said something that caught me off guard, "Just don't loose too much weight, okay?"  Now, my dad has always been a bit critical about my weight, but in a loving way.  I knew that he hated my weight but he never made me feel bad because of it.  There was one time I had to go to the doctor when I was about 15 because I was having stomach & heartburn issues.  I remember him asking the doctor if he thought it was because of my weight.  That's the only time I really felt bad about it.  So, him asking me to not lose too much weight just came as a surprise.  I assured him that I will not be wasting away, and I'd probably lose about 75% of my excess weight.  My ideal weight is 130lbs, and I'll likely reach about 150 if I really stick with the program.  Weight loss surgery is not a cure-all, it's just a tool.  It's very possible to not lose much weight at all if I do not use the tool and stick with the plan.    There's no worry here, though, I will be using my tool the right way and I hope to reach my maximum potential.

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts-- so honest.
    So, if the only problem with your walmart jeans is the hole in the inner thigh, why don't you buy a patch and sew (or iron?) it on, either on the outside or on the inside of the denim. It won't matter much because no one will see it/notice that it's patched in that spot. But it will close the hole and allow you to keep wearing them until the day comes that they're too big anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete