Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Time To Get Down & Dirty

Bad news first - I gained another pound and was up to 238.  But, the good news is that I've already lost it.  Hopefully that's a good sign that this stall is breaking.  I've been getting in more protein than I was and I'm also increasing my fluids.  I am so ready to start losing again! 

I think it's time to get down and dirty and really step it up a notch.  I just finished my morning workout.  It was a simple work out, though, I did Just Dance 2 for the Wii.  Later today, I'll go for a walk...er...that's if it warms up.  There was sleet this morning, ick.  I have plans on Friday to renew my Curves membership.  Despite having lost 50 lbs, I'm still not in good shape.  I'm also hoping that having a regular workout routine will not only strengthen my muscles, but that it'll boost my metabolism and create such a calorie deficit that I'll be losing even faster.  Of course, right now any loss is faster, but you know what I mean. 

We went shopping over the weekend and I came across the workout outfit in the picture above.  I got it at Fashion Bug, top and pants for just $10 all together!  I was so happy with that find.  And, it matches the new shoes I bought not long ago at Payless.  You can click the picture of the shoes to the right to get your own pair, they are on sale for just $30.  They are very comfortable and great for walking!  I haven't tried running in them, but I had a dream that I did and they performed beautifully.  I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait to be able to run again.  In my dream, it was so much fun.  Speaking of dreaming, I've been dreaming a lot lately.  I think this means that my hypopnea is gone!  I haven't dreamed in so long because my sleep was constantly interrupted due to shallowing breathing.  They took my cpap away a few weeks ago because I couldn't get the hang of using it.  They called me non-compliant.  I really hate that word.  Anyone knows me knows that I'm one of the most by the rules people there is, I just couldn't get the hang of that stupid machine.  I'm happy it's gone! 

I've been doing a 31 day photo challenge on Facebook.  Yesterday's was to post a picture of a bad habit you wish you didn't have.  I posted a picture of me weighing myself.  It really is a bad habit.  I do it every day and I know I should only do it once a week.  I told my husband to hide the scale, but he never did.  So, I just keep weighing.  But, the fact that I lost a pound this morning gave me hope.  Maybe tomorrow will be a better day! 

I apologize for my yucky looking legs and feet.  They are splotchy because I have scabies scars.  I'm hoping they fade, but so far they haven't.  I also desperately need a pedicure!  But, you at least get a view of my precious little angel's footprints.  Those, my friends, are actually size.  She was so tiny, weighing in at only 1lb 3oz.  I had her footprints tattooed on my ankle so that wherever I make footprints, hers will be there, too. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Such a great post, but you made me cry reading about the tattoo and your lost baby. So poignant! Being a mom changes your heart so much.

    ReplyDelete