Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Have the Flu

Sorry to anyone I've left hanging *cough* Free Julie *cough*.  Long story short- I started purees on Monday and by Tuesday evening I came down with the flu.  My whole family has had it and I thought I was lucky enough to avoid it, but Tuesday evening, it hit me like a ton of bricks.  Coughing, sneezing, stuffiness, headache, fever but most of all dizziness.  It's been awful. 

I had my two week post-op followup today.  My surgeon is concerned about the coughing causing stress to the staple line, so I went to my PCP to get it checked out.  She gave me an inhaler and robitussin with codeine.  Now if I can just get rid of the stuffiness.  It hurts a bit when I cough, so I'm hoping I'm not compromising anything.  I really can't stress just how awful I feel right now.  I haven't even eaten since Tuesday because of the flu, and am having a little trouble getting all of my fluids in.  But, I'm drinking Powerade Zero and Smart Water (recommended by my surgeon because of electrolytes.) 

Sorry that's it for an update right now.  Hopefully I'll be on the mend soon.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry you're sick! What an incredible drag while you're recovering. My daughter has been very ill, too. She missed two days of school this week - I have been hoping I won't get it. (For a bad mommy moment - one of my sons and I got the flu shot this year, but my daughter and other son didn't! I get mine at work, and one day I had my oldest son at the peds and they offered the shot. Then they ran out by the time I got the other two in, ack.) Anyway, getting your fluids down while recovering and being sick has got to be an awful grind. I'm sorry! Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are sick! What terrible timing (so soon after your surg. UGH!) I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you are ok, Lisa! I've been thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete