- BMI greater than 40 -or- BMI between 35 and 39.9 with serious medical complications.
- History of active participation in non-surgical methods of weight reduction. Must be fully documented in the medical record.
- Documentation that endocrine disorders have been ruled out.
- Psychiatrist/Psychologist consultation and clearance.
- Documentation of Nutritional Counseling
- Pre- and Post-Operative dietary evaluation and nutrition counseling.
When he left, the medical assistant came back in. She will be scheduling my psych evaluation as well as the endoscopy. The endoscopy will either be November 10th or November 17th and I won't know until the Monday before so that will be a bit challenging. I also have orders to take to the hospital to get a chest x-ray and labwork. Specifically, they are looking at:
- Platelet Count
- Vitamins B1, B12, A, D, E, K
- Lipid Profile
- Copper, Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Selenium, Zinc, Iron, Folic Acid
- Thyroid Functions (T3, T4, TSH)
- PTH intact
- Vitamin D-25 OH Total
So, I guess that's it for now! I go back on December 1. I'll probably have most of my tasks completed by then. I can't believe this is happening, I'm very excited!