Thursday, October 28, 2010

Caffeine Free

I am very happy to announce that I have been caffeine free for a little over five days. My plan to slowly wean off and gradually reduce my caffeine intake worked. Previous attempts have failed, leaving me with massive headaches that forced me to drink more caffeine. But, this time, I was able to overcome it. I have had a few headaches, but none as severe as previous ones. In fact, two Advil were enough to relieve them. I admit that I had a candy bar yesterday (I know, bad me.) Not long after eating my Milky Way, I got a headache. I'm not sure if that's some residual caffeine addiction or it could be stress related, because I have an awful lot of stress right now. But, it will definitely make me think twice about reaching anything that contains caffeine in the near future, whether it be a can of soda or a candy bar.

I'm not much of a water drinker. It's not that I don't like it, it's just inconvenient, believe it or not. The local water tastes nasty. Anytime I buy bottled water, my kids drink it all and my husband does not like to buy more. Our faucet is not equipped to have a filter on it. The only other option is a Brita or Pur pitcher, so I may look into that. In the meantime, I've been drinking decaf tea with Splenda and have been quite satisfied.

My consultation with the surgeon is tomorrow. I'm very much looking forward to it and have several questions. I got a letter today about my sleep study last week. It was a form letter and was addressed, "Dear patient." It went on to say that I had significant sleep apnea and suggested I come back to try a CPAP for another sleep study. I'm not really keen on that, so I'm hoping my surgeon will say it's not necessary. For one thing, I slept horrible for my first sleep study, so much worse than at home. I'm never really sleepy during the day. I am fatigued, with a general sense of being worn out, but never sleepy. I also sleep through most of the night, except if I have to get up to pee. So I don't really see why it's necessary. They told me while I was there that any sleep apnea I had was mild and they probably wouldn't recommend a CPAP. So I'm confused. I called my primary doctor to see about getting the report.

I guess that's it for now. I'm hoping tomorrow appointment goes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment